1) Attend scanning shifts at Moffitt and SFGH each week - See Calendar
2) Review Recommended Text (FREE): Mallin and Dawson Intro to Bedside Ultraound vol 1 & 2
3) Review Educational Objectives
4) Review Scanning Protocols
5) Review Zonare Machine operation tutorial (username=guest; password=guest)
6) Review 1st Trimester OB guidelines at Clinical Policies
7) Complete Introductory Modules on MedaPhor Transvaginal Ultrasound Simulator at Kanbar Sim Center (2nd floor of UCSF Library (530 Parnassus); make appt. User Name: EDelective; Password: edelective1. Allow ~2 hrs.
8) Contact Dr. Nate Teismann (email@example.com) during the first week of your rotation to confirm date of quiz (usually last Friday of rotation).
Quiz content: 1) Performance of one sonogram in the ED on a live patient, 2) 3-4 oral questions on material from Educational Objectives, Clinical Policies, and/or Workflow above, 3) 1 Teaching Case in PACS
- 2p-6p, Scanning Shift with Ultrasound Faculty at UCSF
- 12p-4p, Scanning Shift with Ultrasound Fellow at UCSF
- Journal Club/Didactic
- Image Review
- Scanning in the ED at UCSF
- 1p-5p, Scanning Shift with Dr. Starr Knight at SFGH
- Scanning with Dr. Nate Teismann, Dr. Starr Knight, or the Ultrasound Fellow during regularly scheduled clinical shifts